Sunday, June 11, 2017

Country Sunlit Session

Summer is one of the most gorgeous times to shoot, but the beloved ‘Golden Hour’ can present its own challenge: the sun flare! While sun flares can look amazing and give a shoot editorial beauty and style, they can also overtake a model, or ruin a landscape appearance. Part of using them to your advantage is having experience.  As a photographer, you need to use angles to help get the flare exactly where you want...I love how these came out, and how the shoot stretched me as an artist.

 I made the three and a half hour trek to Michigan to mentor with a fellow photographer. She put together this stylized shoot, and rented this incredible, rustic and vintage truck, I wanted the perfect sun flare look, and we did it! She found the best field to shoot in, added in a vintage blanket throw, and off we went. Her stunning senior rep model wore classic white with her summery pair of cut-offs, and with her hair loose and down in beachy waves, she was breathtaking.

I felt like this shoot reminded me of an advertisement for clothier American Eagle! AE always has very bohemian, sunlit advertisements that always make me long for long summer days. Check out this "cold shoulder" blouse from AE for only $18!! here

I love styled shoots because my creativity can shine through, and we always have such a fun time with our wonderful, easygoing, and helpful models. No matter what I dream up, they go along with it, adding their own personalities and style to complete the ‘story’ I am trying to tell. I’d love to tell YOUR story, so please contact me today to schedule your shoot!




























Back to Top