Friday, June 10, 2016

Caroline | Retro Inspired Session

This cheery spring session made me want to cartwheels in a meadow! Okay, maybe not that extreme, but it sure brightens my day whenever I look at this fun shot. Caroline is one of my senior reps (Seriously, how did I get so lucky?!) and was a dream to work with. She says her typical style is actually very retro and vintage, so when we came up with the idea to do a vintage themed shoot, she was so excited. She brought the cutest vintage bicycle with her, I added in the perfect floral, and off we went! 
Styled retro sessions are just really so fun, because they allow you to go back to a time when portraits were classic and timeless, and put a modern spin on it. If you are thinking of a vintage session, remember to wear items with clean lines, like Caroline’s white blouse, and era appropriate cuts (her high waisted, tailored pant). These will give you the crisp and fun look you are hoping for. Her polka dress is another adorable example, and we paired it with sunny yellow sneakers to carry through the retro look. With a little pouf in her hair, a jaunty ponytail, and her gently winged eyeliner, she looks like she just stepped right out of the fifties. If you have an idea for a fun styled shoot, I’d love to schedule your shoot today! 






















Back to Top